The Do's and Don'ts
- Intellectual Property laws are very touchy, and there are many intellectual property lawyers that are sue happy.
- You cannot just pull graphics/photos off of Google and use them. Make sure you are searching for FREE graphics to use.
- I see SO many people using the browning logo in their 'designs' on Teespring. This is a legally protected trademark and you could be sued. Yes, the odds are small that Browning will discover you using it, but do you really want to take that chance?
- The same goes for celebrity photos. Celebrity names are also a grey area. Some companies also refuse to print song lyrics.
- If you blog, beware of using photographers photos on your blog post!
- Teespring now has an agreement you must check before listing an item. This is to hold you accountable for the design, not them. Therefor, if you steal something and do not have the right to use it they are coming after you, not Teespring.
I am not a lawyer and this is not solid legal advice, but I have done extensive research on this topic and am sharing my findings. My thoughts are - better safe than sorry! Here are a few articles about lawsuits as well: